Research and write a scientific description of every type of data visualization including its function, use cases, and variations. Design of chart anatomy and best examples of the charts made by other designers.
Your tasks will include:
1. Research the definition and origin of each type of chart. For example, the timeline, Sankey chart, etc.
2. Describe its anatomy
3. Research and describe the sub-types of this chart.
4. Find the most common use cases of this type of chart
5. Find the most successful examples of this chart done by other designers (you will need to rely on your sense of taste for this)
6. Put all this data into a table
You will need an understanding of statistics and design to be able to define the sub-types of different charts.
The attached image is a mockup of the landing page for this encyclopedia.